Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    i can't sleep, to be honest i dont want to either. tomorow i'm going to the social services office. which i have learned from 2 years of working trough them is a place worse than prison. 2 years and 3 months, from my 18th birthday to new years last year of my life i wasted working 8 hours a day for 36nok an hour or 4.3 us dollars. to put that in perspective the minimum wage is around 100 nok but because social services, bam 7000 nok a month. minus 4000 for rent about 400-1000 in power depending on the season and 300 in phone, which are all cheap by norwegian standards. still had a minus every month and about half the time the money didnt show up in the first place. that's without the fact that most people think you're lazy and looking for a handout when you're in social service. it's incredibly hard to stay motivated when you work your *** off for next to nothing and is considered scum. i know for a fact it doesnt lead to a real job.
    now i have to go back, because i cant get a job. and for the final kicker. if i stab someone to death in the street. i'll get a better bed, better food, and more money in prison than i do trough social service. just think about that for a second.
    Join Date 2013-07-23
    Posts Per Day 0.13
    Well I'm probably the lowest posting active member. All a part of my brilliant strategy to make the few things i post seem good!

@Mujaffa Oh my, that sounds so awful... D: God the economy seems crap everywhere. I can't believe you work for such little pay. o.o Geez...no wonder it's hard to get a job. Do you have any interest in studying?

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I wish it was that. My mom went to his visitation for me because I had class. I wanted to break down, I was very close to doing so, but I still had two more hours of a tournament to judge, so I couldn't. It's slowly starting to sink in but I have yet to shed a tear about it.
    It's nice that she went for you. Yeah, I see... D: I hope you're okay. <3

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    It's nice that she went for you. Yeah, I see... D: I hope you're okay. <3
    For now I think so. We'll see in the coming days.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    This is kind of a weird rant, and I don't think anyone will be able to relate, but I need to say it somewhere because there are so few people that understand.

So I am an aromantic asexual. I'm not capable of romantic or sexual feelings. I'm fine with the way I am...except for the fact that I live in a world where being this way means I'm broken.

I'm just very sad because one of the things I want most in life is to have a family of my own. I don't mean children; I don't want to be a parent. But a family of people I can spend my life with. As in more then just friends. I know I can never have that though. I'm starting to think maybe I really am broken.

Thanks for reading this if anyone does.

Let's Fight Crimes With Mangoes and Limes Wookie Mistake's Avatar
    I'm sorry to hear that @Noblejanobii, I know how it feels to lose someone who's made an impact on the person you are. It can be rough, and I hope you have a great support system to lean on.

@ant2011, I have to agree with suicune's fire, you don't deserve to be in a relationship of that type, emotional blackmail is not something you want to put up with for too long, it can get to the point where it affects your other relationships as well.

@Mujaffa, have you ever tried temp agencies or staffing agencies? I've done stuff from data entry to car detailing when I was having a rough time finding a job the pay is usually pretty decent. It's a horrible stigma that comes with social services, there are a lot of people here who are on government aid, and the only ones who get noticed are the ones who take advantage of the system, while the ones who are using it to try and get out of that situation get ignored with very little help.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

@Noblejanobii I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like Dr. Z is someone you'll remember forever and who will inspire many of your future works as well. It's pretty nice that he will live on through you in that way. :)

@ant2011 Man, that's rough. Good on you for doing what you had to do. I'm sure you'll thank yourself for getting out of that situation in future, even if it really sucks at the moment.

@Mujaffa Ugh, it sucks that criminals are better off than people who actually want to work but can't find a job. :/ I'm pretty sure it's the same here. I hope it went well and that you manage to find something soon. That's really shady that you get paid so little for working so hard. :(

@Scytherwolf That must be really tough to deal with. It sounds like a lovely goal to have a family like that. I don't think it's an impossible dream. With the internet these days, hopefully it's easier to find people in similar situations and with similar goals than ever before. I wish you the best of luck! Everyone's different. And everyone deserves to be happy, especially someone as sweet as you!
    GCEA

7. This post has been liked by:

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Very quick rant about something silly, outside of my control and the biggest issue is my attitude towards it all. But I still want to complain.
    Spoiler:

So today I met a girl. Like, I have known of her for years (in church social groups there will be people who you hear a lot about but may take ages to meet. She is one of them) but never met her until today. And honestly, she was really cool, and I was pretty interested in her. Then I found out she is four years older than me.

This isn't the first time. I hate how hard it is to tell someone's age in my age bracket. I thought she'd be two years older than me max, but she is 25!

I know what you're thinking. "Age is just a number." Thing is, it isn't. There is such a difference in maturity level in those few years. She has travelled and lived overseas without her parents. Meanwhile if my parents go away for a few days I live off microwave food, fast food and only clean the house when I have guests over. She has finished uni. Meanwhile I am taking my time to do an already long course because I am not in the mental state to handle the stress of full time uni and finding time to work to pay bills.

Even if her and I were to end up together, to her, it'd probably be like dating a kid.

I don't really know what specifically I am complaining about. More the fact that I cannot tell people's ages well and this has happened before. Can we start walking around with age tags or something??

Let's Fight Crimes With Mangoes and Limes Wookie Mistake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    Very quick rant about something silly, outside of my control and the biggest issue is my attitude towards it all. But I still want to complain.
    Spoiler:

So today I met a girl. Like, I have known of her for years (in church social groups there will be people who you hear a lot about but may take ages to meet. She is one of them) but never met her until today. And honestly, she was really cool, and I was pretty interested in her. Then I found out she is four years older than me.

This isn't the first time. I hate how hard it is to tell someone's age in my age bracket. I thought she'd be two years older than me max, but she is 25!

I know what you're thinking. "Age is just a number." Thing is, it isn't. There is such a difference in maturity level in those few years. She has travelled and lived overseas without her parents. Meanwhile if my parents go away for a few days I live off microwave food, fast food and only clean the house when I have guests over. She has finished uni. Meanwhile I am taking my time to do an already long course because I am not in the mental state to handle the stress of full time uni and finding time to work to pay bills.

Even if her and I were to end up together, to her, it'd probably be like dating a kid.

I don't really know what specifically I am complaining about. More the fact that I cannot tell people's ages well and this has happened before. Can we start walking around with age tags or something??
    That sucks man, all I can really say is that if it doesn't really matter to her or you, than give it a try, who knows maybe the more time you spend with her the closer the maturity gap will get.

But the age tag thing, that would be horrible for me XD, the list of things that I'm "too old for" would be a mile long. Me and a buddy of mine always talk jokingly about why we're still single with all the "talents" we have. "Hi my name is wooks, I've got a 1.8 K/D in call of duty, impressed right?..." I don't know why that doesn't work LOL

Spoiler:

Hahahaha Jacob going after the older ladies!

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Spoiler:

My brother's fiance was like 22 when they got together, I think, and he was like 18. xD They're happy, been together 3-4 years now and they're getting married next year (sooo young to me haha). It really depends on the people. I think people change a lot between 20-25 in general, but the good thing is after that, age differences don't really matter so much.
    GCEA