Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Not sure if this was an intentional change or not, but it has become apparent to a lurker like myself.

The mechanics of Whose Online have changed. Before the 21st (from memory) it would show users who loaded a page within the last half hour. Now it is showing people who were online (at a guess) up to 90 minutes ago. It is currently 3:12 for me, showing people who loaded pages at 1:55 or so. For reference, by the old standard, I'd be the only one online, but currently it is showing about half a dozen people, most of whom haven't been active in over an hour. Not a big deal, but took me by surprise. Was this change intentional?

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    Not sure if this was an intentional change or not, but it has become apparent to a lurker like myself.

The mechanics of Whose Online have changed. Before the 21st (from memory) it would show users who loaded a page within the last half hour. Now it is showing people who were online (at a guess) up to 90 minutes ago. It is currently 3:12 for me, showing people who loaded pages at 1:55 or so. For reference, by the old standard, I'd be the only one online, but currently it is showing about half a dozen people, most of whom haven't been active in over an hour. Not a big deal, but took me by surprise. Was this change intentional?
    That's actually my doing. Wasn't sure if it might help a bit with the whole being logged out issue before. Figured it might be worth a try.