Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

It was fun and I definitely enjoyed it. It also pushed me to pick up drawn art again and I'm proud with some of the stuff I cranked out. I KNOW I'm getting better at this. I used to draw weird-looking Pikachus with oversized heads, stubby arms, and lack of detail to cranking out pictures that I can comfortably say "holy crap, I drew this, I can use it however I like without having to give anyone else credit for it!" Not to mention I think I'm getting a little bit faster each time. It's nice to have events like these to push me to get better like this!

I also liked how some sections gave people extra weeks to get stuff done. I think the only unfortunate case I had was despite getting three weeks to do a comic, I just couldn't do it. Managing the RP scene and doing those extra things on the side wiped out whatever hope of free time I had for it.

I would love to see PXFIRE make a return, because I think where the WAR got ugly, PXFIRE kept good spirits up and everyone had fun with it. Things didn't get bitter or controversial. I think just about everyone had fun with it and I love the results of it way more. I can also say all three teams were awesome and had plenty of great things going on. This format is beautiful and I think everything worked quite nicely.

One thing that I think would help a lot and make things better would be Section Rotations. As in maybe having 1/3 of the events active at a time. I think if we had that, I might have tried areas out of my comfort zone, such as maybe even giving sprite art a shot, even though I'm shabby with that. And maybe I wouldn't have felt a bit overwhelmed at times, as there were moments where I felt a hot Sunday afternoon rush to get everything in on time. I also would have had more time to devote to certain entries.

In a nutshell, I think it was awesome and everyone was exceptional. :3

2. This post has been liked by: